The end of August always is bittersweet and one of the things I miss most every fall is peach season. Before we are bombarded with pumpkin spice everything, I am making it a mission to enjoy the end of stone fruit season to the fullest before it’s gone. I’ve been adding ripe peaches to everything from salads, to tropical smoothies, and even to pizza!
When Whole Foods Market reached out to collaborate on a recipe with peaches I was super excited and immediately knew I had to combine it with my other true food love, cheese. What better way to celebrate the end of summer than with this cheesy sweet and savory peach pizza? Ricotta, burrata, parmesan, basil, and a balsamic drizzle make this easy to whip up any day of the week. Add some rose’ and call your friends and you’ve got yourself a swanky pizza party!
Peaches are currently on sale at Whole Foods Market in Dallas and Houston as part of their summer savings promotions, talk about a sweet deal! The peaches will be $1.49 a lb, they will be $2.50 off and can be found in the organic yellow peaches section. Be sure to stop by this week to stock up.
Peach Pizza Recipe:
1 ball of pizza dough from fridge section
3 peaches sliced
1 handful of fresh basil
4 oz of whole milk burrata cheese
1/3 cup of freshly grated parmesan
4 oz of ricotta cheese
Drizzle of balsamic glaze and olive oil
- Preheat your oven to 500•
- Let dough chill on counter for at least 30 minutes. Divide in two and put other half away for another pizza.
- Start to stretch and knead dough with your hands and then with a rolling pin creating a round-ish shape. If you’re struggling to create a perfect circle, don’t worry, it’s artisan!
- Lightly brush the dough with olive oil.
- Spread ricotta cheese on the dough creating a thin layer to coat the crust.
- Arrange sliced peaches over the ricotta cheese. Sprinkle 1/2 the parmesan cheese on top of pizza.
- Bake on pizza stone or baking sheet for 13 minutes or until golden in color
- Garnish with fresh basil, remaining parmesan, the burrata, and a balsamic drizzle! Enjoy immediately 🙂
*Disclosure: I have a partnership with Whole Foods Market and was compensated for my work, but all words and opinions are my own.